Local members are the face of NT Christian Schools in our community. Christian parents live out their daily commitment to the Lord, being a light in the world.
Under the NT Christian Schools Constitution, the Sattler Christian College Council shall, in partnership with the Directors, have power to:
(i) act to uphold the firm Christian foundation of Sattler Christian College community in accordance with the Statement of Faith;
(ii) forge effective partnerships between the parents and community and the staff; and
(iii) perform other duties as delegated by the Directors.
Sattler Christian College Council shall report to the Directors and work with and through the Principal.
Sattler Christian College Council acts to uphold the firm Christian foundation of the community in accordance with the Statement of Faith.
Sattler Christian College Council serves as protectors and promoters of the vision and mission, particularly protecting our Christian identity in line with the Statement of Faith. Council members are advocates for Biblical truth and authentic living in the community, ensuring what the College says and does is in line with Biblical principles.
Sattler Christian College Council is key in forging effective partnerships between the parents and community and the staff. This includes:
• fostering a thriving parent engagement culture,
• praying actively,
• facilitating community events,
• supporting the Principal, and
• supporting the staff.
Sattler Christian College Council is involved in developing and leading a community where everyone is encouraged to be obedient to Christ in education. This means members need to:
• Be faithful in setting a Biblical direction and example.
• Pray and apply scriptural principles.
• Enable teachers and staff to apply Biblical truth to educational and other work practices.
• Ensure quality of learning in the minds, hearts and lives of students.
• Develop a sense of community among parents, staff and students.
• Promote and protect the vision and mission of NT Christian Schools by interviewing and recommending new members.